Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables in VACUUM commands

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables in VACUUM commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 6:40 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The column list only matters for ANALYZE (or VACUUM ANALYZE).  But yes,
>> it should be per-table.

> The grammar allows that by the way:
> =# VACUUM (full) aa (a);
> VACUUM
> Perhaps that's an oversight? I don't think it makes much sense.

It would be hard to reject at the grammar level, and not very friendly
either because you'd only get "syntax error".  We could certainly make
the runtime code throw an error if you gave a column list without saying
ANALYZE.  But on the other hand, why bother?  I do not remember ever
seeing a question that boiled down to somebody being confused by this.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM in the PG 10 release notes
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands