Re: pg_class (system) table increasing size.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_class (system) table increasing size.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/16/2016 07:08 PM, dhaval jaiswal wrote:

>>> Because you are creating (specific) objects.
>
> I have gone through the link and  how would i figure out which
> specific object is causing this.  Can you please elaborate more here.

It is not any one object, it is the total of the objects(relations) as
defined here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/catalog-pg-class.html

48.11. pg_class

relkind     char           r = ordinary table, i = index, S = sequence, v = view,
m = materialized view, c = composite type, t = TOAST table, f = foreign
table

So if you do something like:

select relkind, relname from pg_class order by relkind, relname;

you should see what the entries are the table by their type. Might give
you a clue as to what is causing the growth.

> We do not have the much temporary table usage.
>

> Since the size is bigger (5 GB) to maintain. does it requires

The size you are referring to is the database size, the table size or
something else?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Andy Halsall
Сообщение: Re: libpq backwards compatbility
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: pg_class (system) table increasing size.