Re: move some bitmapset.c macros to bitmapset.h

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: move some bitmapset.c macros to bitmapset.h
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-Dec-05, John Naylor wrote:
>> -#define WORDNUM(x)    ((x) / BITS_PER_BITMAPWORD)
>> -#define BITNUM(x)    ((x) % BITS_PER_BITMAPWORD)

> In this location, nobody can complain about the naming of these macros,
> since they're just used to implement other bitmapset.c code.  However,
> if you move them to the .h file, ISTM you should give them more
> meaningful names.

IMV these are absolutely private to bitmapset.c.  I reject the idea
that they should be exposed publicly, under these names or any others.

Maybe we need some more bitmapset primitive functions?  What is it
you actually want to accomplish in the end?

От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: Allow placeholders in ALTER ROLE w/o superuser
От: Pavel Borisov
Сообщение: Re: Allow placeholders in ALTER ROLE w/o superuser