Re: Decimal values in

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Decimal values in
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Masterprojekt Naumann1 escribi�:
>> inside execProcnode.c's ExecProcNode method we want to extract the value of
>> a tuple for a specific attribute. This works great for integers and
>> strings, but we are not able to figure out how to do this for floating
>> point numbers. Below is some example code snippet to show our problem:

> "DECIMAL_OID" (you probably mean NUMERICOID) points to datatype numeric,
> which is not floating point but a variable length datatype with its own
> special encoding for storage.  If you want floating point you need
> FLOAT4OID and FLOAT8OID, and columns created with types float and
> "double precision", respectively.

Also, you should not be using casts, but the appropriate DatumGetXXX
macro.  In some cases those reduce to a cast, but your code ought not
assume that.

От: "MauMau"
Сообщение: Re: Do you know the reason for increased max latency due to xlog scaling?
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Do you know the reason for increased max latency due to xlog scaling?