Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off
Дата
Ответ на Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off  ("Bill Bartlett" <bbartlett@softwareanalytics.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> (Makes me have to think twice about raising
> any _real_ issues though, like why my VACUUMs periodically keep
> getting
> into lock contentions with my JDBC connections and ultimately
> causing me
> to have to shut down Postgres w/ "pg_ctl stop -m immediate", or how to
> properly handle postmaster errors that don't appear to be documented
> anywhere except in the source code...  [No, it's not the absolutely
> most
> recent version of Postgres; No, I can't upgrade it.])

This isn't fair, Bill. Your original question concerned posts your
email client has trouble processing, which isn't the primary topic of
the list. You also knew that it was somewhat contentious, given that
you've made comments such as "Believe me, I'm not defending Outlook",
so you probably weren't overly surprised at some of the responses you
got. Also note that the responses you got were attempts to solve your
problem: I don't see any that only belittled your choice of software.

If you *are* having issues with PostgreSQL, it would behoove you to
at least post them and see what kind of response you get, rather than
judge the list as a whole due to the response you got to an off-topic
post. Many of the people on the lists have been here for years and
have gotten lots of helpful advice, which is why they've stuck
around, and are many others that are happy to share their advice and
experience. You never know: you might be pleasantly surprised.

Best,

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

От: "Bill Bartlett"
Сообщение: Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off
От: John Wells
Сообщение: Re: "timer" script from SAMS book or equivalent?