Re: Allow passing extra options to initdb for tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Allow passing extra options to initdb for tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> On 15 Feb 2024, at 11:38, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
>> We don't have a man page for pg_regress, so there is no place to comprehensively document all the options and their
interactions.

> This comes up every now and again, just yesterday there was a question on
> -general [0] about alternate output files which also are
> undocumented.

Really?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/regress-variant.html

> Maybe it's time to add documentation for pg_regress?

I'm inclined to think that a formal man page wouldn't be that useful,
since nobody ever invokes pg_regress directly; as Peter says, what
is of interest is the "make check" targets and the corresponding meson
behaviors.  I think 32.1 is already reasonably thorough about the
make targets; but the complete lack of equivalent info about what
to do in a meson build clearly needs to be rectified.

От: Matthias van de Meent
Сообщение: Re: Reducing output size of nodeToString
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Replace current implementations in crypt() and gen_salt() to OpenSSL