Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Regina Obe" <lr@pcorp.us> writes:
> Okay got it was on IRC with RhodiumToad and he suggested:
> CREATE DATABASE test2 TEMPLATE=template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8' LC_COLLATE = 'C'
> LC_CTYPE = 'C' ICU_LOCALE='C';

> Which gives expected result:
> SELECT '+'  <  '-'  ;  -- true

>  but gives me a notice:
> NOTICE:  using standard form "en-US-u-va-posix" for locale "C"

Yeah.  My recommendation is just LOCALE:

regression=# CREATE DATABASE test1 TEMPLATE=template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8' LOCALE = 'C';
CREATE DATABASE
regression=# CREATE DATABASE test2 TEMPLATE=template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8' ICU_LOCALE = 'C';
NOTICE:  using standard form "en-US-u-va-posix" for locale "C"
CREATE DATABASE

I think it's probably intentional that ICU_LOCALE is stricter
about being given a real ICU locale name, but I didn't write
any of that code.

От: "Regina Obe"
Сообщение: RE: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
От: Andrew Gierth
Сообщение: Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction