Re: Problem with pg_dump

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: Problem with pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well yes - thats what I mean, the definition for the index.  It's not dumping the index defs.  It also looks like it's not dumping roles fully either.  I was missing grants from the dump too.

Alex

On 11/9/06, Brent Wood <b.wood@niwa.co.nz> wrote:
A. Kretschmer wrote:
> am  Thu, dem 09.11.2006, um 13:04:31 -0500 mailte Alex Turner folgendes:
>
>> I seem to be having a problem with pg_dump in 8.1.2, it's not dumping indexes
>> at all.  Is this a known problem, should I just do an upgrade?
>>

> I can't see a necessity to dump a index. But, i hope, and i'm sure,
> pg_dump dumps the definition for a index...

The dump includes the sql statements ro build the indices as part of the
restore process, the contents of the indices are not dumped. At least in
my experience.

Brent Wood

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

От: Alexander Staubo
Сообщение: Re: Using GIN indexes on 8.2
От: Ben
Сообщение: Re: Database Mirroring Solution