Re: Undeliverable: Re: Backend handling replication slot stuck using 100% cpu, unkillable

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Undeliverable: Re: Backend handling replication slot stuck using 100% cpu, unkillable
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 3 Jul 2023, at 15:05, hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> wrote:
>> forwarding error mail that I'm getting when
>> I'm sending to pgsql-bugs.

> This is fairly common, IIUC GMail believes that the list sending email as you
> is violating the SPF configuration for @depesz.com.

I get similar gripes on a routine basis from diogojoliveira and some
other addresses.  As near as I can tell, the actual problem is that
these people have arranged to forward list mail from their subscribed
account to gmail, and the forwarding is being done in a way that
makes it have the original sender's envelope FROM (... not the
list's envelope FROM, nor the forwarding person's).  But it's visibly
coming from the forwarding machine.  If there's a hard SPF policy for
the envelope sender's domain, kaboom!

gmail is not doing anything except what you told them to, ie
believe that this is a forgery.  The fault is in the person's
custom forwarding arrangements.  I gather unfortunately that
this is quite hard to do correctly.

(Personally, I've given up and just added spam filtering rules
to bit-bucket these reports.  Those folks are probably not
seeing any list mail from me, but that's their problem not mine.)

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Undeliverable: Re: Backend handling replication slot stuck using 100% cpu, unkillable
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Dark mode styling for the website