Re: tests against running server occasionally fail, postgres_fdw & tenk1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tests against running server occasionally fail, postgres_fdw & tenk1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> ... maybe we could do "select 1 from
> pg_stat_activity where application_name = computed-pattern", but that
> has the same problem that a cache flush might have terminated the
> remote session.

Hah - I thought of a solution.  We can avoid this race condition if
we make the remote session itself inspect pg_stat_activity and
return its displayed application_name.  Just need a foreign table
that maps onto pg_stat_activity.  Of course, this'd add yet another
layer of baroque-ness to a test section that I already don't think
is worth the trouble.  Should we go that way, or just rip it out?

От: gkokolatos@pm.me
Сообщение: Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_bgwriter.buffers_backend is pretty meaningless (and more?)