Re: streaming rep setup in PCI compliance environment

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: streaming rep setup in PCI compliance environment
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Oct 9, 2015, at 10:48 AM, dinesh bhandary <dbhandary@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to setup streaming rep between master ( which is in PCI tier1 zone) to slave ( PCI tier 2 zone). However,
Iam told that PCI tier1 can only initiate connection to lower security zone, in our case slave environment ( PCI tier
2).However, for streaming rep to work, slave needs to connect to Master. Does this violate PCI requirement. Anyone has
experiencesetting up master-salve in PCI compliance environment?

I have a simliar situation in which I do not want anything in my replica's zone to be able to initiate connections into
thedata center where the primary is. I have the master set up an SSH reverse tunnel to the slave, and then the slave
connectsto that tunnel end locally.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: a new standby server promotes itself to primary without cause
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: streaming rep setup in PCI compliance environment