Re: How do I add/edit 'digit' property into PGAdmin4 ?

От Karen Goh
Тема Re: How do I add/edit 'digit' property into PGAdmin4 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Saturday, July 20, 2019, 7:40 AM, Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> wrote:

On 19-Jul-2019/11:46 +0000, Karen Goh <karenworld@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Shreeyansh,
>
>Due to many mails in my inbox, I got to see your email only now.
>
>I'd like to seek your help in terms of how to edit the data in this column that I want to change to numeric.
>
>At one go?
>
>So, in this column that I used the wrong property type - and now it contains CountryName + the 6 digit numbers.
>
>Is there any way I can alter the data in that column at one go and remove the CountryName altogether?

If the postal code is the last six characters, then this will do what you

want:

UPDATE mytable SET mycolumn=RIGHT(mycolumn,6) WHERE mycolumn ~ '[0-9]{6}$'

Hi Anthony, I tried what you said but very strange I received an error that said my table name is not exists. When I did a data query of all rows, all the data appeared.

TG
--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:agreene@pobox.com

От: "Anthony E. Greene"
Сообщение: Re: How do I add/edit 'digit' property into PGAdmin4 ?
От: Karen Goh
Сообщение: Re: How do I add/edit 'digit' property into PGAdmin4 ?