Re: Change of the data directory on Ubuntu 7.04

От Leonel Nunez
Тема Re: Change of the data directory on Ubuntu 7.04
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hi All,
>
>    I have a question - what is the procedure, to change the default
> location of the data directory of PostgreSQL database? I would like
> the data to be stored in /dane/postgresql/data instead of the Ubuntu's
> default location (/var/lib/postgresql/). Is it enough just to run
> initdb -D /dane/postgresq/data, and set in .bashrc file of the
> postgres user PGDATA variable to /dane/postgresql/data, and maybe to
> move configuration files to /etc/postgresql/8.2/main (just as ubuntu
> does when installing the database)? Thanks in advance for answers and
> hints :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marek

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

you can leave the instalation as is , and  create a tablespace in
/dane/postgresql  and create your databases in  the NEW tablespace

take a look at :
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/manage-ag-tablespaces.html

Leonel

От: Erik Jones
Сообщение: Re: Is there PHP mysql_real_escape_string for postgresql?
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Postgres from PHP in Leopard