Re: Direct I/O

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Direct I/O
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It's odd, though, if it is their bug and not ours: I'd expect our
> friends in other databases to have hit all that sort of thing years
> ago, since many comparable systems have a direct I/O knob*.

Yeah, it seems moderately likely that it's our own bug ... but this
code's all file-system-ignorant, so how?  Maybe we are breaking some
POSIX rule that btrfs exploits but others don't?

> I gather that btrfs is actually Fedora's default file system (or maybe
> it's just "laptops and desktops"[2]?).

I have a ton of Fedora images laying about, and I doubt that any of them
use btrfs, mainly because that's not the default in the "server spin"
which is what I usually install from.  It's hard to guess about the
buildfarm, but it wouldn't surprise me that most of them are on xfs.
(If we haven't figured this out pretty shortly, I'm probably going to
put together a btrfs-on-bare-metal machine to try to duplicate crake's
results.)

От: "Yu Shi (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: PGDOCS - function pg_get_publication_tables is not documented?
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Direct I/O