Re: 'Infinity' in date columns?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 'Infinity' in date columns?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Ken Winter" <ken@sunward.org> writes:
> The documentation at
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/datatype-datetime.html seems to
> say that the special value 'infinity' ("later than all other time stamps")
> should work for an date-time column, and the type "date" is listed as among
> the date-time data types.
> But I can't get 'infinity' to work for columns of type "date".

You seem to be carefully reading around the middle column in Table 8-13,
which specifically shows that infinity doesn't work for type date.

Now, if you were to update to Postgres 8.4, it *would* work.

От: Shoaib Mir
Сообщение: Re: 'Infinity' in date columns?
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Why Performance of SQL Query is *much* Slower in GUI PgAdmin