Re: [GENERAL] User authentication failed

От Bob VonMoss
Тема Re: [GENERAL] User authentication failed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jean Lee wrote:

> I'm running postgres-6.4.2 on one machine, and want to access it from
> another, but get the error message
>
> % psql -h vsop rndprojectdb
>
> Connection to database 'rndprojectdb' failed.
> User authentication failed
>
> vsop is remote host
> rndprojectdb is database

I was having a similar problem (same error message) when routing through a
TCPIP port. When I created a password with pg_passwd (something like that),
I was able to route through TCPIP as opposed to unix sockets, which had been
working all along.

--
Bob VonMoss
mailto:bvonmoss@bigfoot.com

От: Eugenia Bulakh
Сообщение: [GENERAL] Restore deleted records
От: Marcin Grondecki
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Restore deleted records