Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/4/06, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
>     My main grudge is that if we are supporting almost all flovours of
> nixens and compilers (close to 34 according to official website), then
> why are we leaving Windows platform alone? This will bring in quite a
> lot more developers.

Sorry, but this sounds pretty rude.  If you have a grudge, do
something about it and stop whining about our support for tons of *nix
platforms instead of Windows.  For the most part, the reason *nix
platform support is more popular is because that's what most of us use
on a daily basis.

Keep in mind this is an open source project and a lot of us have more
important things to work on than simple porting.  It's easy to
criticize, it's much harder to do the actual work.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation

От: "Gurjeet Singh"
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC
От: Thomas Hallgren
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC