Re: [SQL] How to find SQL Functions

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [SQL] How to find SQL Functions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
G. Anthony Reina wrote:

> I found in the on-line manuals a listing of the math, string, etc.
> functions for PostgreSQL. However, I know that there are more than those
> listed in the manual.
>
> Is there some PSQL command to list all of the functions that PostgreSQL
> recognizes?

functions:
\df [optional function name glob]

operators (there are some weird ones):
\do [opt glob]

you may want to use \o filename to redirect output to a file, then you
can use "grep" and such tools to find functs, etc. based on param types
and description text.

(there are, of course, equivalent SQL statements, that do the same thing
as the above psql convienience functions, using the appropriate system
tables (pg_*), which would allow one to avoid files and grep. But for
learning, there's a catch-22, and I already knew how to use grep ;-)

Ross

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "G. Anthony Reina"
Сообщение: How to find SQL Functions
От: Richard Chrenko
Сообщение: how to get "autonumber" when using INSERT INTO