Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> > 2. It was possible to get two versions of the same row from
> >    select. Fixed by moving MyProc->xid assignment from
> >    StartTransaction() inside GetNewTransactionId().
> >
> > Thanks, Hiroshi! And please run your tests - I used just
> > 3 sessions and gdb.
> >

> Unfortunately,the error still occurs(I changed xact.c as above
> by hand OK ?).

Did you add 2. changes too?
Also, I made some changes in shmem.c:GetSnapshotData() but seems
that they are not relevant. Could you post me your xact.c and
varsup.c or grab current sources?

> It seems there are cases that tuples are updated by older
> transactions than their xmin-s and only some tuples in the middle
> of update chain may be deleted.
>
> I have no idea to fix this now.
> It's OK for me to leave this unsolved because those cases would
> rarely occur.

I would like to see it fixed anyway.

Vadim

От: "Hiroshi Inoue"
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items
От: ZEUGSWETTER Andreas IZ5
Сообщение: important Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items