Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> > I think we need that, and it should be the default, but few people agree
> > with me.  I have some schemes to do this.

I remember this, Bruce. But I would like to see it implemented
in right way. I'm not happy with "two sync() in postmaster" idea.
We have to implement Shared Catalog Cache (SCC), mark all dirtied
relation files there and than just fsync() these files, before
fsync() of pg_log.

> To counter this, I think Postgresql needs some roll forward mechanism.
> Maybe that's what Vadim means with savepoints? Now we're at the

No. Savepoints are short-term things, living during xaction.

Vadim

От: Vadim Mikheev
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6
От: Axel Thomas
Сообщение: !!!!I NEED A DE-COMPILER!!!!