Re: [HACKERS] "DML"

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [HACKERS] "DML"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Good wrote:

> > OK, in the DML, DCL, and DDL decomposition of things, just what
> > *is* a select statement?
>
> Hee hee...according to Guy Harrison who wrote 'Oracle SQL High
> Performance Tuning' (a great book) SELECT is NOT part of DML.
>
> It is a QUERY.
> Harrison separates SELECT from DML because it does not alter data.

But what would you call yer query when the tables have rules/triggers
attached that do alter data ? A DML-savvy QUERY ;)

BTW, where do all the triggers and rules fall anyway, or ar they a
different subset - maybe Data Behaviour Language (DBL)
> Is this getting murkier or do I really need some coffee?

Maybe next we should try to divide english into sublanguages ?English for Order Giving - EOGEnglish for Describing
Things- EDTEnglisg for Discussing SQL Sublanguages - EDSQLL

Hannu

От: Vadim Mikheev
Сообщение: Re: "DML"
От: Oleg Broytmann
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem