Re: Question on SSL certificate expiry

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Question on SSL certificate expiry
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Nikhil Shetty <nikhil.dba04@gmail.com> writes:
> We were using MTLS to connect to the database. We noticed that even after
> server certificates expired the client was able to connect to the database.

> 1. Doesn't postgres check the expiry date of the certificate?

Postgres does not.  The openssl library can.  The most likely
guess, on the basis of the next-to-zero details you provided,
is that the connection is succeeding via some method that doesn't
require the client to check the server's certificate --- for
instance, a completely unencrypted connection.

От: Nikhil Shetty
Сообщение: Question on SSL certificate expiry
От: Nikhil Shetty
Сообщение: Re: Question on SSL certificate expiry