Re: large scale reliable software system

От Erik Wienhold
Тема Re: large scale reliable software system
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
I recommend posting this to pgsql-admin or pgsql-general instead of pgsql-docs
to get more responses.  Besides that, pgsql-docs is for discussions on the
Postgres docs.

> On 21/06/2023 18:52 CEST B M <bmmasprep@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would like to know your advices to develop a large scale reliable software
> system using PostgreSQL in the back-end,

This is very general but the following points hopefully lead you in the right
direction:

> through which i can share the storage with the different system users where
> they login to the system through the web application front-end with different
> passwords and usernames , save the privacy of each user data, improve overall
> system security

The OWASP Cheat Sheets give advice on securing web applications:
https://cheatsheetseries.owasp.org/

> and performance, achieve fast response,

My general advice: design and implement for correctness, then measure and
optimize.  For performance, look into high availability:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/high-availability.html

> make backups and save the stored data from loss.

Use pgBackRest or pgbarman with WAL streaming to reduce the recovery point
objective (the maximum period in which data might be lost).

> The system will be hosted on a cloud.

Some cloud providers offer Postgres instances including backups, e.g. Google
Cloud Platform which I'm looking into right now.

--
Erik

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: large scale reliable software system
От: B M
Сообщение: Re: large scale reliable software system