Re: regexp searching in arrays not working?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: regexp searching in arrays not working?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 07:36:02PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Since there's no "(array) ANY op scalar" syntax,

> Why isn't there?  Is it forbidden by the SQL standard?

Well, the spec has

         <quantified comparison predicate> ::=

         <all> ::= ALL

         <some> ::= SOME | ANY

and not the reverse.  The array syntax is an abuse of this notation
and doesn't have the reverse either.  I'm not really sure how much
new code would be needed to support the other case, or whether it
would be worth the trouble.

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: regexp searching in arrays not working?
От: cluster
Сообщение: Re: B-tree fan-out