Re: The documentation for READ COMMITTED may be incomplete or wrong

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: The documentation for READ COMMITTED may be incomplete or wrong
Дата
Re: The documentation for READ COMMITTED may be incomplete or wrong  (Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander@timescale.com> writes:
>> A colleague of mine, Ante Krešić, got puzzled by the following behavior:

> That's not a documentation problem.  That's a bug, and an extremely
> nasty one.  A quick check shows that it works as expected up through
> v13, but fails as described in v14 and later.  Needs bisecting ...

Ugh.  Bisecting says it broke at

86dc90056dfdbd9d1b891718d2e5614e3e432f35 is the first bad commit
commit 86dc90056dfdbd9d1b891718d2e5614e3e432f35
Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Date:   Wed Mar 31 11:52:34 2021 -0400

    Rework planning and execution of UPDATE and DELETE.

which was absolutely not supposed to be breaking any concurrent-execution
guarantees.  I wonder what we got wrong.

От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: The documentation for READ COMMITTED may be incomplete or wrong
От: Aleksander Alekseev
Сообщение: Re: The documentation for READ COMMITTED may be incomplete or wrong