Re: [GENERAL] Client dies in transaction ?

От Leon
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Client dies in transaction ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Roberto Moreda wrote:

> How can I address the problem of table locking/rollback when my client app
> dies in the middle of a transaction process?

That question has been asked by me :)  By inhumane and barbaric
experiments I found that backend successfully rolls back
transactions from dead clients. The only problem is that if
there was a process of creating new tables (or other stuff
like that), there remains a corpse of that semi-created table.
But someone said this problem should be addressed, or am I
mistaken? :)

Roberto has already reproduced two of three of my Big Questions:
speed of joins and sudden client death. :)  The third question
should be: what do I do with transaction deadlock, since there
is no lock wait timeouts?

--
Leon.
---------

От: Roberto Moreda
Сообщение: Client dies in transaction ?
От: Roberto Moreda
Сообщение: Speed of joins using sparse indexes