Remote Authentication

От Sean W. Ellis
Тема Remote Authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have been using strictly TRUST access through hba up to now because
all my SQL boxes have been inside of firewalled systems.  However, now I
need to allow access to a postgreSQL box that is on the Internet.  This
box needs to grant access to two Linux boxes and one Windows computer
that have dynamic IP addresses.

I have been trying to work with the password system.  I cannot
authenticate and don't see any log to find out what the problem is.  I
copied the shadow file to a file called
/usr/local/pgsql/data/sqlpasswd.  Then, I typed in pg_passwd and changed
one of the passwords for a user.  Then, I changed my hba config to say
password sqlpasswd at the end, and could not auth.  Then, I tried crypt
sqlpasswd, and still no luck.  Is there something I need to do at
compile time, am I doing something wrong ?

The sql box is Slackware Linux 3.6 2.0.36, and I only did ./configure
--with-tcl --with-odbc --with-perl at compile time.

Any response appreciated,

Sean Ellis
sean.ellis@oscenter.com

От: Herouth Maoz
Сообщение: Re: Ԍ׉Œ: [GENERAL] GEQO and KSQOproblem.
От: Jimmy
Сообщение: subscribe