Re: [HACKERS] ISO dates with European Format

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ISO dates with European Format
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hmmm, a product I helped develop uses two mechanisms for specifying
> date style. First the format and second the picture. The format
> allows swapping of sub fields within a date and a picture to specify
> the output. Eg. dd/mm/yyyy as a format with a picture of 99/99/9999 or
> mm/dd/yyyy and 99/99/9999 or dd-mmm-yyyy and 99-xxx-9999. This format
> allows total control over dates (at least in Western countries) ... I
> am happy to donate the code... Windows (int the regional settings) follows
> a similar approach.

Well, this sounds interesting even if Windows *does* use the same
technique ;)

Certainly contributing the code could be useful. It could make its way
into user contrib code, into special built-in formatting functions, or
possibly into the backend as the default formatting mechanism. Without
seeing the code and understanding the tradeoffs I can't predict which
would be the most suitable, though in any case user contributed code
is a great way to test out a new technique.

If you want, post it raw or package it as user contributed code;
either way, we'll look at it. TIA
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

От: Theo Kramer
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] ISO dates with European Format
От: Theo Kramer
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] ISO dates with European Format