Re: [GENERAL] Anyone doing a native NT port?

От Elmar Haneke
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Anyone doing a native NT port?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Heinecke schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> My company is pretty impressed with postgre on unix, but we also need a
> native port for nt (it is not an option to have our customers install cygwin
> on their production systems.)  Ideally we would like to see the backend
> running as a native service under nt.  We have the resources to do the port
> ourselves (I will probably end up doing the work myself), but I was
> wondering if there was already an effort underway to develop something like
> this.

Is it really a problem to install the required cygwin components?
Certainly not the complete cygwin package is required to run the
PorsgreSQL deamon. I think the cygwinxxx.DLL is the myjor part of the
files required. You should try to install it withoud the complete
cygwin package.

Elmar

От: Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA
Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] ipc-daemon runs wild on NT?
От: Arcterex
Сообщение: upgrade questions