Re: Use of additional index columns in rows filtering

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Use of additional index columns in rows filtering
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2023-07-19 at 11:16 +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> I wonder if Andres was right (in the index prefetch thread) that
> splitting regular index scans and index-only scans may not be ideal.
> In
> a way, this patch moves those nodes closer, both in capability and
> code
> (because now both use index_getnext_tid etc.).

Yeah. I could also imagine decomposing the index scan node into more
pieces, but I don't think it would work out to be a clean data flow.
Either way, probably out of scope for this patch.

For this patch I think we should just tweak the EXPLAIN output so that
it's a little more clear what parts are index-only (at least if VM bit
is set) and what parts need to go to the heap.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: "Tristan Partin"
Сообщение: Re: Fix last unitialized memory warning
От: Gurjeet Singh
Сообщение: Re: There should be a way to use the force flag when restoring databases