Re: Compiling warnings on old GCC

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Compiling warnings on old GCC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Nov 6, 2023 at 2:51 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's some relevant discussion in
>> https://postgr.es/m/flat/20220602024243.GJ29853%40telsasoft.com

> It seems that the controversial '-Og' coupled with the old GCC version
> (4.8) makes it not worth fixing.  So please ignore this thread.

Although nobody tried to enunciate a formal policy in the other thread,
I think where we ended up is that we'd consider suppressing warnings
seen with -Og, but only with reasonably-modern compiler versions.
For LTS compilers we are only going to care about warnings seen with
production flags (i.e., -O2 or better).

От: Aleksander Alekseev
Сообщение: Re: XID formatting and SLRU refactorings (was: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15)
От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: Add recovery to pg_control and remove backup_label