Re: xmlserialize bug - extra empty row at the end

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: xmlserialize bug - extra empty row at the end
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Jones <jim.jones@uni-muenster.de> writes:
> On 23.04.23 07:31, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>> Looks so there is an extra empty row.

> Good catch! It looks like it comes directly from libxml2.

Is it really a bug?  If libxml2 itself is putting in that newline,
I'm not sure we should take it on ourselves to strip it.

> I'll do some digging to see if there is a good way to get rid of this
> newline or if we need to chose a different dump function.

If we do want to strip it, I'd just add a couple lines of code
to delete any trailing newlines at the end of the process.
Compare, eg, pchomp().

От: Isaac Morland
Сообщение: Re: xmlserialize bug - extra empty row at the end
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: xmlserialize bug - extra empty row at the end