Re: PG in container w/ pid namespace is init, process exits cause restart

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PG in container w/ pid namespace is init, process exits cause restart
Дата
Re: PG in container w/ pid namespace is init, process exits cause restart  (Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I also heard a story where things ran into trouble (I didn't get the
> whole story of *what* was the problem with that) because the datadir is /.

BTW, as far as that goes, I think the general recommendation is that
the datadir shouldn't be a mount point, because bad things happen if
you mount or unmount the drive while the postmaster is up.  I could
see enforcing that, if we could find a reasonably platform-independent
way to do it.

(Of course, / can't be unmounted, so I wonder exactly what bad thing
happened in that story.)

От: "Joel Jacobson"
Сообщение: Re: Regex performance regression induced by match-all code
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs