Re: "invalid page header in block 597621 of relation..."error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "invalid page header in block 597621 of relation..."error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adam Witney <awitney@sgul.ac.uk> writes:
> I deleted the two datasets in mba_data_base that were affected by the empty
> pages, I also deleted the relevant two rows in measured_bioassay_base... But
> maybe it didn't do the right thing with the toast table for these two rows?

Evidently the missing data in the toast table is associated with yet a
different dataset.

I'd suggest first looking into the toast table to see if you can confirm
that the missing data corresponds to a swath of zeroed-out pages.  If
that's the case then it gives even more urgency to the need to find out
what's going wrong with your filesystem (or possibly your disk drive,
but my gut feel is that this is a kernel filesystem problem).

The other thing you'd need to do is figure out which dataset you have to
reload.  A tedious way to do this is something like
    select sum(length(bigfield)) from maintable where dataset = 'xxx';
for various values of xxx until you see the error.

От: Adam Witney
Сообщение: Re: "invalid page header in block 597621 of relation..."error
От: Együd Csaba (Freemail)
Сообщение: Re: Syntax Error in COPY - worked around