Re: psql emit WARNING if built with option --with-extra-version and the option only contains numbers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql emit WARNING if built with option --with-extra-version and the option only contains numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jet Zhang <jet.cx.zhang@hotmail.com> writes:
> As the doc mentioned, the --with-extra-version can be a distribution package release number. But if I build the
programlike below configure:

> ./configure --prefix=/home/zhangchenxi/Workspace/c/.build/psql --enable-debug --enable-depend --enable-cassert
--with-extra-version=.54321CFLAGS=-O0

Don't do that.  As you found out, you'll confuse client programs that
think that three-part version numbers are old-style PG versions.
Use some other format for the extra version, perhaps with a dash or
underscore first.

От: Jet Zhang
Сообщение: psql emit WARNING if built with option --with-extra-version and the option only contains numbers
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: psql emit WARNING if built with option --with-extra-version and the option only contains numbers