Re: Disable autocommit inside dbeaver

От Holger Jakobs
Тема Re: Disable autocommit inside dbeaver
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am 06.12.23 um 18:41 schrieb arun chirappurath:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way we can disable autocommit option inside query writing
> area? Not by choosing auto commit from drop down menu.
>
> Thanks,
> Arun

No, and there is a reason why:

https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com/en/disabling-autocommit-in-postgresql-can-damage-your-health/

and here:
https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/303155/how-to-turn-off-autocommit-in-postgresql

Whenever you want several commands being executed in a transaction,
start the transaction yourself, using BEGIN or START TRANSACTION. If you
want transactions, you probably also want to set the isolation level,
which defaults to READ COMMITTED, even though the SQL standard would
prefer SERIALIZABLE.

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012

От: arun chirappurath
Сообщение: Disable autocommit inside dbeaver
От: Joseph Hammerman
Сообщение: Monitoring autovacuum induced contention