Re: Growth planning

От Israel Brewster
Тема Re: Growth planning
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 4, 2021, at 12:46 PM, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:

On 10/4/21 12:36 PM, Israel Brewster wrote:
[snip]
Indeed. Table per station as opposed to partitioning? The *most* I can reasonably envision needing is to query two stations, i.e. I could see potentially wanting to compare station a to some “baseline” station b. In general, though, the stations are independent, and it seems unlikely that we will need any multi-station queries. Perhaps query one station, then a second query for a second to display graphs for both side-by-side to look for correlations or something, but nothing like that has been suggested at the moment.

Postgresql partitions are tables.  What if you partition by station (or range of stations)?

Yeah, that’s what I thought, but Rob had said “Table per station”, so I wasn’t sure if he was referring to *not* using partitioning, but just making “plain” tables.

Regardless, I intend to try portioning by station sometime this week, to see how performance compares to the “one big table” I currently have. Also to figure out how to get it set up, which from what I’ve seen appears to be a bit of a pain point.
---
Israel Brewster
Software Engineer
Alaska Volcano Observatory
Geophysical Institute - UAF
2156 Koyukuk Drive
Fairbanks AK 99775-7320
Work: 907-474-5172
cell:  907-328-9145

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Growth planning
От: Shubham Mittal
Сообщение: Query time related to limit clause