Re: error in compilation!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: error in compilation!
Дата
Re: error in compilation!
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am thinking it is best to always use E'' in that case.  OK?

I'm planning to revert it to the previous logic: E if there's any
backslash.  I think we have to do likewise in quote_literal() for
much the same reason: insufficient confidence that we know how
the result will be used.  (Note dblink uses quote_literal for
strings it will send to the other database.)

Currently looking through the rest of the patch.  I'm wondering
about appendStringLiteral: maybe we should kill that entirely
in favor of using PQescapeStringConn?  It's not nearly bright
enough about encoding for instance (and it *will* be used in
client-only encodings).