Re: [GENERAL] newbie Q's

От Ed Loehr
Тема Re: [GENERAL] newbie Q's
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gary Horton wrote:

> I have newcomer type questions about use PostGreSQL and have been
> directed to this mailing list by the site's webmaster. Please feel free
> to redirect me if that's appropriate.
>
> I first wonder if there is a pgsql newgroup or some other type of
> archive with FAQ, etc.

Hi Gary,

For FAQs, see www.postgresql.org under Info Central...Documentation.
There are 5-10 mailing lists noted there nearby, as well.  Re
archives, one is there as well, though I use the deja.com power search
as well (most pgsql mailing lists are archived there).

> Secondly, I seek an E/R modeling tool that can forward-generate
> appropriate DDL for PostGreSQL.

[If it exists, I'd be interested in hearing about it, too...]

> The pgsql Projects page alludes to providing "full support for FOREIGN
> KEY" to the product. What caveats should I be aware of concerning just
> how incomplete this support is currently, and when these issues might be
> addressed?

Caveat:  Brand new, never-been-brutalized-in-prime-time functionality,
due to be released to first beta cycle sometime in the next month or
so, maybe.  The most informative (and most time consuming) answer to
your question is probably to get the beta and hammer on it.  But you
might find a few known issues by searching the hackers list via
deja.com or the pgsql web site search engine.  There has been some
discussion there, though I haven't kept up.  Search for stuff by Jan
Wieck (FKeys leader).

Cheers,
Ed Loehr

От: selkovjr@mcs.anl.gov
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] problems with memory
От: Howie
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Deleting large objects sans index