Re: Can we have a new SQL callable function to get Postmaster PID?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can we have a new SQL callable function to get Postmaster PID?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> writes:
> Can we have a new function, say pg_postgres_pid(), to return
> postmaster PID similar to pg_backend_pid()?

I'm disinclined to think that this is a good idea from a security
perspective.  Maybe if it's superuser-only it'd be ok (since a
superuser would have other routes to discovering the value anyway).

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Improve new hash partition bound check error messages
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Prevent printing "next step instructions" in initdb and pg_upgrade