Re: Corruption (Was: Re: Why Not MySQL?)

От Ed Loehr
Тема Re: Corruption (Was: Re: Why Not MySQL?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mitch Vincent wrote:

> > As Don asks, what happened with the v7.0 trials you were doing?  Corrupted
> > indices, I've seen occasionally in older versions, but I can't recall ever
> > seeing corrupt system tables ...
>
> I couldn't run the 7.0 beta on our production server. It was forbidden from
> "higher up"..

Hmmm.  I wonder what would be the reaction if you showed your "higher ups"
the list of bug-fixes between your release and 7.0.  It is a *very long*
list.

I loathe unplanned/forced upgrades, especially when due to reliability
problems.  I was put in that position with pg 6.5.2 problems.  But I have
been quite pleased with 7.0 so far.

Regards,
Ed Loehr

От: "Mitch Vincent"
Сообщение: Re: Corruption (Was: Re: Why Not MySQL?)
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: Why Not MySQL?