Re: What do you think?

От Jurgen Defurne
Тема Re: What do you think?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:

> Good news, Jurgen! NUMERIC has been in there since 6.5.0, (hmm, can't
> find a release date. Should ask Bruce to put a timeline somewhere)
> There're a few bug fixes/feature extensions for it in 7.0 (to be released
> Monday), some things like indices, arrays, log() and casting to numeric,
> but otherwise, I think it's been a pretty stable basic type since it's
> release. What version of PostgreSQL are you basing your comments on? You
> sound fairly positive, even if you're using an older version.  It's gotten
> better! One of the curses of Open Source is how fast it can develop:
> 6.5 was a huge leap over 6.4, and 7.0 is at least as big a jump past 6.5.
>
> Ross
> --
> Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm@rice.edu>
> NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer
> Computer and Information Technology Institute
> Rice University, 6100 S. Main St.,  Houston, TX 77005

I am using probably 6.5.2 on my server, and absolutely 6.5.3 on my laptop for
development. From the documentation I know that there are numeric types,
but these are all binary integer types, as supplied with C -> 2, 4 and 8 byte
types.

I do not find any reference to a numeric type which can be defined as having
D digits and P precision, like this : NUMERIC(D, P).
Example : NUMERIC(8, 4) is a number with this format 9999.9999, etc.

Jurgen

От: "Keith G. Murphy"
Сообщение: Re: ../\...Advice For New Immigrants^^^..
От: Alfred Perlstein
Сообщение: EXCEPT clause broken/slow in 6.5.3 ?