Re: Proposal for fixing numeric type-resolution issues

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Proposal for fixing numeric type-resolution issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Here is a proposal for fixing these problems.

Sounds good. We would be looking up this info in a table, right? So we
can integrate this type hierarchy fully into our type extensibility
system.

Another 7.1 project is to work on alternate languages and character
sets, to decouple multibyte and locale from the default SQL_TEXT
character set. This will probably bring up issues similar to the
numeric problems, and since these character sets will be added as
user-defined types it will be important for the backend to understand
how to convert them for comparison operations, for example.
                         - Thomas

South Pasadena, California