Re: Thus spoke SQL3 (on OO)

От Chris Bitmead
Тема Re: Thus spoke SQL3 (on OO)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Robert B. Easter" wrote:

> On Sun, 21 May 2000, Chris Bitmead wrote:
> > It is from
> > ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/standards/sql
> > and dated 1994. Is there something more recent?
>
> I believe so!  1994 is an old draft.  From what I understand, SQL3 is an
> official ISO standard as of sometime back in 1999.  It may be that the
> official standard cut out the things you quoted.
>
> Try downloading the stuff at:
> ftp://jerry.ece.umassd.edu/isowg3/x3h2/Standards/

Oh I see you are right. The latest draft has removed multiple
inheritance. I wonder why, the 1994 draft for multiple inheritance
actually looked ok. Maybe they couldn't agree on details and wanted to
get it out the door? Pretty sad decicision if you ask me. Or maybe when
they went back in 1999, they couldn't figure out their own 1994 document
any more :-).