Re: interactive oddity for psql -c "cmd; cmd;"

От Ed Loehr
Тема Re: interactive oddity for psql -c "cmd; cmd;"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I would think this should echo *two* "INSERT <oid> 1" messages, instead
> > of just 1.
> >
> > % psql -d viewsdb -c "insert into foo(i) values (1); insert into foo(i)
> > values (2);"
> > INSERT 9968065 1
>
> The query is sent as one string, and only one return is sent back.  It
> has always been that way.

That's unintuitive and inconsistent behavior, albeit largely
inconsequential, when compared with the same line in a script...

% psql -d vtdb
vtdb=# INSERT INTO foo(i) values (13); INSERT INTO foo(i) values (13);
INSERT 9971328 1
INSERT 9971329 1

Regards,
Ed Loehr

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: INSTALL/install.sgml file
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: postgres under gdb