Re: [HACKERS] Trouble building uuid-ossp extension in new versions of Postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Trouble building uuid-ossp extension in new versions of Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy@gmail.com> writes:
> I have been trying to build Postgres and migrate my data to the newest
> version.  Postgres builds just fine, but I also need the uuid-ossp module,
> which used to build fine for me and now does not...

I think the key question is what version of the ossp code are you using?
We've had lots of reports of *that* failing to build on modern platforms,
but since development on it stopped years ago, it's not exactly a moving
target.  I'm surprised to hear of a case where you can still build the
ossp code but our code then fails.  Also, when was "used to"?

> The code that is failing to build dates to Tom Lane's commit
> b8cc8f94730610c0189aa82dfec4ae6ce9b13e34 in which he is apparently creating
> an abstraction layer for uuid-ossp to be built with any of 3 different
> backends.  I was looking for documentation about how to choose a backend /
> more details on how to build this extension now, but drawing a blank.
> Again I am on a Mac, this is my compiler info:

On Mac, the recommended thing is to forget about the ossp code and
use "configure --with-uuid=e2fs".  Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

Reading over your post again, it sounds like you're trying to force-build
contrib/uuid-ossp without having used any of the configure options that
are supposed to enable it.  I'm not sure that would ever have worked very
reliably.

От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] delta relations in AFTER triggers
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] delta relations in AFTER triggers