Re: PostgreSQL Replication with read-only access to standby DB

От Richard Broersma
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Replication with read-only access to standby DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Keaton Adams <kadams@mxlogic.com> wrote:
> Our organization is looking for a hot-standby option for PostgreSQL that
> uses the WAL (transaction) data to keep the standby current and also allows
> the standby to be read-only accessible for reporting.  We have implemented
> WAL shipping through a set of scripts we developed and that works well to
> have a standby DB on the ready in case we need to fail over, but we are
> looking to increase the value of the standby server by making it available
> for queries.  Because of the complexities of our environment using a
> table/trigger based replication method such as Slony won't work well.
>
> It would be great if there was a solution (Open Source or Commercial) that
> worked in a similar manner as Oracle Active Data Guard:
>
> Does anyone know of such a solution for PostgreSQL?

I think this does what you want.

http://commandprompt.com/products/mammothreplicator/
--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

От: salman
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Replication with read-only access to standby DB
От: "Richard Broersma"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Replication with read-only access to standby DB