Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> It should not be there at all.  Do you see URLs in any of our other
>> error messages?

> Sure, ideally, but how else can we give information about that hex
> value?

It's not the responsibility of that error message to tell someone to
go look up the error number in Microsoft documentation.  If they're
clueful enough to make any sense of the number beyond the strerror
translation we already provide, then they already know where to look.

Even if it were the responsibility of the error message to suggest this,
a URL seems far too transient.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too
От: "Greg Sabino Mullane"
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump pretty_print