Language dependent fields

От Volker Krebs
Тема Language dependent fields
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I want the content of a field to be language dependent.

Therfore we have a Translation table which looks like this:

tln_id  tln_lng_id      tln_text
---------------------------------
1       de              hallo
1       en              hello
2       de              Herr
2       en              Mister

any language dependent fields reference to this table e.g.

table customer

cst_id  cst_sometext_tln_id
----------------------------
1000    1

I've created a view to get the text:

CREATE VIEW locale_customer AS
SELECT customer.*, tln_text, tln_lng_id FROM customer,translation
WHERE tln_id=cst_sometext_tln_id;

this works fine for tables with only one language dependent field.
But if I have more than one field I've got a problem.

e.g.

table customer2

cst_id  cst_sometext_tln_id     cst_sometext2_tln_id
1000    1                       2

how can I create a proper view, to get both tln_text fields ??

CREATE VIEW locale_customer2 AS
SELECT customer2.*, tln_text, tln_lng_id FROM customer,translation
WHERE tln_id=cst_sometext_tln_id OR tln_id=cst_sometext2_tln_id;
gives me all tln_text fields, but I can't distinguish between them.

Any help appriciated.

thanks
Volker

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Martin Dolog
Сообщение: My Indices doesn't work
От: Keith Wong
Сообщение: 8K Limit, whats the best strategy?