Re: BIT/BIT VARYING status

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: BIT/BIT VARYING status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We could solve #2 fairly easily if we don't mind breaking backwards
> compatibility with existing apps that expect B'101' or X'5' to be
> equivalent to 5.  I'm not sure how to handle it without breaking that
> compatibility.  Thoughts?

Break "compatibility". I implemented the syntax in the lexer so that we
could deal with it somehow (rather than just dying); but we should
always be willing to implement something the right way when we can. In
this case (and probably many others coming up ;) there is no great glory
in the original implementation...
                    - Thomas